Inaka Life in Japan

In Japanese, "Inaka" means rural.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Look Who's Talking Also

Last Friday I was extremely tired. I got home from work at 5:00pm and decided to take a nap. When I woke up it was 7:00. I couldn't figure out why it was still light out. I checked the clock again... It was 7:00am. During that time, I had a roller-coaster of dreams, but I could only remember one vividly.

This dream was an extended preview for the next sequel in the "Look Who's Talking" franchise. This one was called "Look Who's Talking Also." It starred Ed O'Neill (Al Bundy from Married With Children) and Mary-Kate Olsen. This time they tried to up the ante by digitally placing the actors' heads on babies' bodies. Watching it was like watching a "Mini-me" version of Ed and Mary-Kate run around getting in mediocre exploits. The tag line for the film was "The movie we never should have made!" and was directed by the director of "Son of the Mask." Incidentally, "Son of the Mask" got something like 2.8 stars out of 10 on IMDB.

Most of the dream was a drawn-out preview of the movie showing the weird adult-head babies doing something cute and then a *ding* sounding after they smile (a la "Because of Winn-Dixie"). Other parts were interviews with the director talking about the movie and really playing up how terrible it was. He seemed to have no qualms about telling everyone not to come see it.

I have to admit, if someone honestly said that the current movie they were in sucked-ass and isn't worth seeing, I actually might go check it out. (I mean, I saw "Torque" in the theater).

Well, over the past couple of days, this dream kept getting into my head, and so I thought that I would be proactive and do something about it. I made a poster for the movie. I've included the posters for the first three legitimate "Look Who's Talking" movies to give you an idea of the flavor. My poster is completely hand drawn (not that I really wanted to do it that way, but all the pics on the internet weren't high enough resolution). Hope you enjoy it. As always, you can click on the picture to get a bigger version. Cheers!







1 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man mario...
i swear.
i cant believe you made a movie poster... for your dream

love you very worried sister,
madeline

 

Post a Comment

<< Home