Inaka Life in Japan

In Japanese, "Inaka" means rural.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Sky Perfect TV


Japan does weird things to your TV watching habits. Pretty much anything that is in English is fair game. This includes infomercials, bad movies, movies you saw last night, and sports. Now if you’re reading this and you know me, you will be surprised to know that I watched an hour and a half of soccer, yesterday I watched women’s college volleyball, and have been known, on occasion, to frequent the golf channel. Walter’s been inadvertently paying for my satellite TV for the past two months, and just realized it. This means at the end of the month, I will be faced with a choice: Either start paying for shows I wouldn’t normally watch, or cancel satellite TV all together and actually do something worthwhile with my time. It's a toss-up, really. I’ve fallen into the dangerous trap of reacquainting myself with an old friend: Television. Any thoughts on what I should do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home